HeartCode PALS is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children.
This program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support.
After the successful completion of Part 1, the cognitive component, the student should contact NorCal Emergency Medical Training to schedule Parts 2 and 3, skills practice and testing with one of our AHA PALS Instructors. After successful completion of all 3 components the student will be issued an official AHA PALS Provider course completion card valid for 2 years.
• Key changes in pediatric advanced life support from the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
• 12 pediatric, hospital-based patient cases with up to four healthcare providers, presented through eSimulation technology
• Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
• Recognition and management of respiratory and shock emergencies
• Recognition and management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
HeartCode PALS is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card and are seeking an alternative (non-classroom) method for completing an initial or update PALS course.
This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 7+ or Firefox 2+. HeartCode programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:00 AMRoseville
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 9:00 AMRancho Cordova
- Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 9:00 AMRancho Cordova
- Friday, March 24, 2017 at 9:00 AMRoseville
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 9:00 AMRoseville